Decarbonisation pathways for local authorities, citizen and businesses
The LOCALISED project is designed to close the information gap between national-level decarbonization plans and local needs for planning and implementing energy transition and climate adaptation. To do so, it will create user-friendly tools that enable local authorities, citizens, and businesses to accellerates their planning actions and business models towards deep decarbonisation.
To successfully implement such an approach, the project pulls together a multidisciplinary consortium including:
- experienced institutions in the sciences of multi-sectoral energy transition, economic analysis, city adaptation, and climate impacts
- policy consultants
- citizen engagement and communication experts.
- Deliver understandable tools that transform localised data into decarbonisation pathways by 2030, and knowledge for action by 2050.
- Ensure a tight co-creation process to turn data into knowledge for the project’s main focus groups – local authorities, businesses and citizens.
- Introduce an adapted-to-case service for the creation, implementation, and monitoring of decarbonization plans at the municipal scale.
- Educate EU industries and businesses to the challenges of net-zero pathways as well as provide practical guidelines for exploiting the associated benefits.
- Engage with EU citizen groups on how climate change and different EU net-zero scenarios positively and negatively affect their lives.
- Two web applications – The Decarbonisation Profiler tool for municipalities, and the Net-Zero Business Consultant tool targeted at businesses and industries.
- Dynamic production of SECAPs for municipalities that support the creation, implementation, and monitoring of decarbonisation plans at the local scale.
- Unified vulnerability index for businesses to climate change and climate policies in agricultural, manufacturing, and transportation sectors.
- Procedural blueprint for decision-makers, citizens, and businesses on defining climate ambition strategies.
- Narratives for citizens on how drivers of change may affect mitigation action at the individual level and the region/city level.
Accelerate the implementation of the Green Deal at the local level by allowing municipalities to quickly identify viable combinations and best practices of (sectoral) mitigation and adaptation measures for every NUTS3 region that are in line with national plans of decarbonization.